|Always Friends Preschool Childcare|
Questions to ask yourself before placing your child
- Am comfortable here? Are the children relaxed? Are they "involved"? Are they having fun? Does the staff appear to enjoy the children? Do they treat the children with respect?
- Is the staff gentle while being firm, consistent and yet flexible in their guidance of the children?
- Do the staff members help the children learn how to consider other's rights and feelings, to take turns and share, yet also stand up for personal rights when necessary?
- When the children are angry or fearful, are they helped to deal with their feelings constructively?
- Are parents free to visit at any time? Do parents and staff members have an opportunity to exchange observations about children?
- Are teacher/parents conferences provided?
- Is part of the program planned to give the child free choice of a variety of activities?
- Does the program include outdoor climbing equipment, blocks of all sizes, wheel toys, and dramatic play props to foster physical development as well as imaginative play?
- Are there a variety of study puzzles, construction sets and other small manipulative items available to children?
- Are there opportunities for language arts, music, singing and body movement exercises?
- Are the buildings and grounds free of hazards and in good repair?
- Are furnishings. sinks and toilets clean and safely accessible to children?
- Are indoor and outdoor surfaces cushioned with materials such as carpet, wood chips, or rubber mats in areas with climber, slides or swings?